Benefits for Lawyers in U.S. Offices
The Firm offers a comprehensive range of benefits. The insurance and related benefits described below pertain to lawyers in its U.S. offices.
Medical and Dental Plans
Two medical plans (one noncontributory) and a contributory dental plan with immediate eligibility for lawyers and eligible dependents.
Health Care Reimbursement Plan—Lawyers may set aside pretax dollars for eligible expenses.
Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan—Lawyers may set aside pretax dollars for eligible expenses.
Transportation Fringe Benefits Plan (NY, DC and Palo Alto)
Associates’ Savings Plan
Lawyers may contribute pretax and posttax dollars to S&C's 401(k) plan.
Voluntary Post Tax Benefits
Personal Accident—Up to $1.5 million for lawyers; dependent coverage subject to limitations.
Supplemental Long-Term Disability—Portable individual policy offered to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who apply for coverage while in the United States.
Group Life Insurance
Firm-paid coverage of three-times base annual salary; associates may obtain additional and dependent coverage.
Firm-paid insurance covers 50 percent of base monthly earnings, subject to a maximum.
Business Travel Insurance
Coverage up to $1.5 million, which includes medical evacuation and/or repatriation.
Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
Reimbursement of covered expenses incurred as a direct result of identity fraud, subject to limitations.
S&C provides assistance to its lawyers who will require sponsorship for a work visa.
- Up to 18 weeks of maternity leave with full salary following childbirth
- Up to 18 weeks of adoption leave with full salary for primary caregivers
- Up to four weeks of paternity/other caregiver leave with full salary for prospective fathers or lawyers whose same-sex domestic partner is expecting to give birth
- After one year of service, eligibility for reimbursement of $7,500 of adoption-related expenses, including travel
- Flexible work arrangements
- Back-up child-care center and child-care referral service (New York, Palo Alto and Washington, D.C.)
- Vacation—Four weeks
- Floating Holidays—Three days
- Bar-exam-related expenses
- Lawyer licensing expenses and bar association dues (up to two)
- Matching law school gifts
- Health club reimbursement
Please note: These are brief summaries, provided for general informational purposes only. Documentation setting forth the operative terms of these benefits is available to participants. All benefits are subject to change.