The Firm offers a comprehensive range of benefits. The insurance and related benefits described below pertain to lawyers in our non-U.S. offices.
Medical and Dental Plans
A contributory medical and dental plan with immediate eligibility for lawyer and eligible dependents.
Pre Tax Benefits
Health Care Reimbursement Plan—U.S.-tax-paying lawyers may set aside pretax dollars for eligible expenses.
Associates’ Savings Plan—U.S.-tax-paying lawyers may contribute pretax and posttax dollars to S&C's 401(k) plan.
Voluntary Post Tax Benefits
Personal Accident—Up to US$1.5 million for lawyers, dependent coverage subject to limitations.
Supplemental Long-Term Disability—Portable individual policy offered to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who apply for coverage while in the United States.
Group Life Insurance
Firm-paid coverage of three-times base annual salary; associates may obtain additional and dependent coverage.
Firm-paid insurance covers 50 percent of base monthly earnings, subject to a maximum.
Business Travel Insurance
Coverage up to US$1.5 million, which includes medical evacuation and/or repatriation.
Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
Reimbursement of covered expenses incurred as a direct result of identity fraud, subject to limitations.
S&C provides assistance to its lawyers who will require sponsorship for a work visa.
- Up to 18 weeks of maternity leave with full salary following childbirth
- Up to 18 weeks of adoption leave with full salary for primary caregivers
- Up to four weeks of paternity/other caregiver Leave with full salary for prospective fathers or lawyers whose same-sex domestic partner is expecting to give birth
- After one year of service, eligibility for reimbursement of US$7,500 of adoption-related expenses, including travel
- Flexible work arrangements
- Vacation—Four weeks
- Floating Holidays—Four days
- Bar exam-related expenses
- Solicitor licensing expenses
- Bar association dues (up to two)
- Matching law school gifts
- Health club reimbursement
Please note: These are brief summaries, provided for general informational purposes only. Documentation setting forth the operative terms of these benefits is available to participants. All benefits are subject to change.